The Ministry of Justice has opened up bids for Reading Gaol with an August deadline. Reading Borough Council’s previous bid, of £2.6m remains “on the table”.
Contact your MP
If you want to help press our point that Reading Gaol should belong to the town of Reading, please email your MP. The local MPs are listed below, if you click on the MP’s name then it will take you to a page with a sample letter that you can cut & paste if you need a starting point.
- Matt Rodda, Reading East firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alok Sharma, Reading West email@example.com
- Theresa May, Maidenhead firstname.lastname@example.org
- John Howell, Henley email@example.com
- Laura Farris, Newbury firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sir John Redwood, Wokingham email@example.com
- other MPs find email address